Midwest Independent Soil Samplers (MISS) offer many soil collection options. Grid soil sampling comprises the majority of our business. Additionally, we offer zone, composite, soybean cyst nematode and nitrate sampling. These options allow you to better define the sampling scheme you prefer. The more data you collect, the better decisions you can make.
- Large crews enable us to collect soil, transport the soil to the lab and receive the soil test results in a short turn-around time.
- High clearance crop rovers have been adapted to allow us to collect soil samples in tall crops when necessary.
- Probe and/or drill systems mounted on pickups allow us to collect soil samples when ground
conditions prohibit us from using hand probe.
- Hand probes, which we use almost exclusively, even at 2-3 foot depths provide the highest quality
sample, since each core is examined as it is pulled.
- We provide nutrient result maps that are grower friendly using our stop-light color scale.
- Field status may be viewed at any time via our on-line master list.
- Cooperatives may submit orders for soil collection using our specially-designed software that provides all pertinent field information.
- MISS provides tools to view projected profitability within a field and/or differences between fertilizer application methods.